Paper Submission and Instructions for Authors
You are welcome to prepare papers for all the four conferences according to the
Camera-ready versions of papers
Microwave and Radar Week 2020 (MIKON 2020, IRS 2020, URSI 2020 SPW 2020) is now past the review phase. Authors of accepted papers are expected to submit final, camera-ready versions of their papers before 30 June 2020, 23:59 CEST.
For the final paper submission, read the following information, then use your EDAS account to upload the final version of an accepted paper.
Upon acceptance of the review version of your paper, you will be asked to submit a final version, where you have a chance to take into account reviewers’ comments. Your final paper version should be uploaded to the paper management system before the deadline announced in the “important dates” section.
The final paper length is limited to 6 pages maximum.
The use of the publication template is mandatory for acceptance of your publication into IEEE Xplore. Before submitting the final paper, please make sure that:
- you have chosen the correct files and settings for an A4 page size and conference paper.
- the pdf file is IEEE Xplore-compatible and has been checked with IEEE PDF eXpress service.
MIKON/IRS/URSI/SPW final paper requirements:
Please follow strictly the templates from http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
The correct format for the Paper Title is non-bold, non-italic and uses the „paper title” style in MS Word. Please check this before you attempt to upload the paper.
LaTeX users: do not forget to switch to „A4” paper size – put in the header:
Copyright text will be stamped automatically on all papers. You do not need to do it by yourself. Please delete the „XXX-XXX….” page footer form the MSWord template. Upload copyright form as a separate document (see bottom section of this page).
Your final paper should be IEEEXplore compatible, which includes:
- Being PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later but not Acrobat 9.
- Being created with a PDF distiller (converted by PDF eXpress or created with pdflatex and checked by PDF eXpress) and not scanned.
- All fonts must be embedded or subsetted.
- No password or other security settings.
- No bookmarks or links.
- No PDF attachments.
Please make your paper compatible with help of PDF eXpress (see below).
PDF eXpress instructions
The PDF eXpress is a service which helps to produce an IEEEXplore-compatible PDF manuscript.
The IEEEXplore compatibility of each paper must be ensured with use of IEEE PDF eXpress service.
With each paper the Author should:
Login to IEEE PDF eXpress site: http://www.pdf-express.org/
First time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
- [MIKON 2020 authors:] 48703X for the Conference ID
- [IRS 2020 authors:] 48640X for the Conference ID
- [URSI 2020 authors:] 48707X for the Conference ID
- [SPW 2020 authors:] 49079X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Then, following the on-line instructions you will be able to:
- convert your source document to a compatible PDF (suggested for MS Word users)
- check your PDF for compatibility (usual choice of LaTeX users)
The converted/checked paper will be mailed to you in less than 24 hours.
Please upload to EDAS the PDF which has been mailed to you by PDF eXpress service. It includes a „stamp” confirming it has been positively verified!
IMPORTANT: PDF eXpress checks the IEEEXplore compatibility, but NOT the formatting. You are responsible for correct formatting of your paper appearance.
The full acceptance of the final paper is subject to following conditions:
AT LEAST ONE AUTHOR must register and pay the conference fee until the deadline for full paper submission.
A Copyright Form for the paper must be completed and uploaded to EDAS before final paper submission. Download it, print, sign, scan, and finally upload.
It is IEEE policy to include papers in IEEE Xplore only when the authors have attended the conference and presented their work. So called „no-shows” are excluded from publication!
MRW 2020 POSTCONFERENCE SPECIAL ISSUES
Authors of the papers submitted to MRW 2020 conferences are invited to write an extended postconference paper to be published in a Special Issue of:
- MDPI Remote Sensing entitled “Microwave and Radar Week 2020 – Special Issue” (link)
The Editors of that issue are Prof. Konrad Jędrzejewski, Prof. Adam Abramowicz and Prof. Paolo Colantonio
- MDPI Sensors SI entitled “Modern Radar Systems” (link)
The Editors of that issue are Prof. Piotr Samczynski, Prof. Daniel W. O’Hagan , Prof. Jacek Misiurewicz and Dr. Lorenzo Lo Monte